I’m a digital editor, arts journalist, Community Manager and author, with 15 years experience working on high profile multimedia projects for organisations such as Johnston Press, the BBC, STV, Creative Scotland, The Guardian, VisitScotland and the Scottish Government.
I’m currently the UK Community Manager for Johnston Press’ WOW247, a fast-growing arts and entertainment website. My responsibilities include:
- Growing and developing WOW247’s team of bloggers around the UK
- Planning, commissioning and producing a variety of original digital content
In 2015 I published my first book, a history of the Tremors film franchise – the two year project involved interviewing 55+ cast and crew. Starburst Magazine called it “informative, entertaining and, above all, a joy to read.”
Projects included PR and online community management for Scotland’s mobile cinema, Screen Machine; writing website content for a leading Scottish university; and producing features for BBC Radio Scotland’s Movie Cafe/Culture Studio.
My services included:
- Copywriting for print and online/social media
- Editing print and online/social media content
- Social media management
- Managing the publishing of content across websites, blogs and social media using a variety of Content Management Systems/ HTML